Of the many near-death experiences I have heard or read, Howard Storm’s account is one of the most remarkable and memorable to me. In 1985, Howard was a hard-driving atheist who thought as he was preparing to die in a Paris hospital that it would be a “go to black” moment, the end of his existence. He was in for a delightful surprise, as are we all.
Howard changed careers after his experience, as many experiencers do: He got a theology degree and became a pastor.
Some of the things about Howard’s experience that really resonate with me:
- His authenticity and vulnerability
- How his ember of faith rescued him
- His long interview with Jesus Christ
- His impression that Jesus not only loved him but really liked him!
- His many insights into other worlds, the next life, angels, and the other side of the veil
This interview is longer than most but worth the listen.
You can find his book, My Descent Into Death: A Second Chance at Life, here.